Monday, October 29, 2012

The boys have been playing great together this morning (for the most part anyways). Earlier they created a submarine in the living room using sofa cushions, pillows, blankets... I love hearing their conversations about being in the submarine or on the floor which is the water - they are so creative - LOVE it!

Evan to Avery "You can't fly anymore - I took your powers!"

Yesterday while Avery, Owen & I were in the car waiting for Evan while he was at speech - Avery asked me for a nose paper - took me a minute and I figured out he meant a tissue - thought that was quite clever.

Yesterday afternoon while we were waiting at the pharmacy for Evan's prescriptions for his bronchitis he gave Owen a sword to play with and Avery a Spiderman book & a dinosaur then stated that was teamwork. Then he informed me he wanted to change his name to Smart Evan.

Avery has been on a kick lately where he will do something nice then say "wasn't that nice of me?". Bully one moment and so very helpful the next - you just never know what you are going to get around here!

Last week I took all three boys to Trader Joe's to pick out some carving pumpkins. We selected three - I had Owen in the front of the cart & the pumpkins in the back. This left Evan & Avery walking. As I paid Avery ran out of the store and down the sidewalk. Luckily as I grabbed the receipt & ran out of the store telling Evan to follow Avery I noticed Avery duck into one of the doorway recesses. As I turned around to talk to Evan, I discovered he had not followed. So I was in the middle of Evan & Avery and had Owen and the pumpkins with me - which way to go? I yelled for Evan and went after Avery. Evan then did appear taking his time leaving Trader Joe's (mind you Trader Joe's is a great store... but...). 

Alex and the boys carved a pumpkin last night while I was getting my hair done. The did a Darkwing Duck.

What did parents do prior to the creation of the Magic Eraser? I have needed it twice today - first when Avery wrote with a blue highlighter all over the half bath then as second time when they used what was to be Owen's green make-up all over the wall. Currently Evan is crying because I stated we might not go trunk or treating this year as they had just ruined Owen's The Hulk costume. Deep breaths... I NEVER pictured myself as a stay-at-home mom - but I love it more than I ever thought possible - but it is by far the most challenging job I have ever had. Now to go check on them to see what they have gotten into next.


No comments:

Post a Comment