Sunday, October 21, 2012

Soccer & Corn maze

Friday night we had soccer practice then went to Pizza Peel for dinner. Katie, from Evan's soccer team and her family joined us for dinner. The kids sat in a booth and we sat at the table. I did get to hear Evan telling Katie that she was his BEST friend in the WHOLE world - such a talker! She replied that he was also her best friend - too cute!

Saturday was pretty crazy as we were running late trying to get everyone & everything needed for soccer & the corn maze into the car. We arrived a few minutes late for the game - oops! Evan still has no desire to play and so I am thankful for only one more game! Avery is a go getter. Coach Sara stated that her favorite part of the game was when Avery went up against the other teams biggest player with no hesitation. When he sets his mind to something he goes for it 110%!

Then off to the corn maze - after stopping to get some cash - in case it was necessary. I managed to forget drinks for Alex & myself - thankfully they sold water by the bottle! I also forgot paper plates, flatware, napkins (luckily Esther brought extras for us!)... I did remember all of the food - so we did eat well. with what we brought and what others brought we had hot dogs (turkey & grass-fed beef), sausages (chorizo, chicken with spinach & roasted red pepper, and hot italian chicken), corn (necessary at a corn maze - ha!), chips, pretzels & most importantly s'mores! YUM! Everyone ate and left prior to doing the maze and hayride except for Esther, Caitlyn and Ryan and our family. We had a great time - it was quite the maze! It took us about an hour and a half - crazy! The corn was the tallest corn I have ever seen and had no corn - I am wondering if it was a special hybrid created for mazes - possible? I don't know - I guess I could research that. Owen slept during the hayride. We thought someone stole our wagon while we were on the hayride - but we did eventually find it in a new location - whew! Avery passed out about half way through the maze he had literally been running ALL day! The place was great and had a sand box, a place with lots of bouncy balls, a Little Tykes area, a tractor, a hay house, a store, a giant spider, a pumpkin patch, two fire pits - sooooo much to see & do! The kids absolutely loved it!

Evan was up most of the night coughing so he and I have stayed home from church today. Alex took the two youngest for Sunday school then will stay to help with Extended Session and 11:00 - unfortunately we have left them one short by me staying home. Unfortunately I am not convinced that my sinus infection has 100% gone away - so we will see.

Last night Evan & Avery both informed me they wanted to be firefighters when they grow up. This morning Evan told me he wanted to be a teacher - a church teacher. He then proceeded to color (scribble) on every page of his drawing pad - this has something to do with what one of his church teachers does - hmmm... Now he needs every single page of the drawing pad torn off so he can teach. When I asked who he was going to teach - he replied his brothers Avery & Owen.

Happy birthday GiGi/Aunt Nancy! We love you and miss you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment