Thursday, October 4, 2012

Donuts with Dad!

Today Evan's pre-school had donuts with dad. So after speech I dropped Evan off at Alex's work and they both went to school together. Avery was upset by this so we drove through Krispy Kreme and each got one - I also got a dark roast coffee since I have been up pretty much since 11:30 last night when Owen started screaming and had a 103 fever.

So Evan had answered some questions his teachers had asked him about his dad - this is how it went (his answers are in bold):

My Dad's name is Alex. My dad is 14 years old. His favorite color is white & red. My dad's favorite food is all of the foods and pizza too! My dad's favorite sport is basketball. I love it when my dad goes to the playground with me. My dad is really good at all things. My dad and I like to play my Mickey Mouse game. My dad likes it when I clean up my toys. My dad is great because he goes to work and goes to church.

How sweet is that? Alex said he wasn't the youngest or the oldest of the answers - ha! He was pleased with his favorite colors - upset by his favorite sport. We were impressed Evan knows what makes us happy - ha! The other answers were just so sweet!

These days whenever we go somewhere and meet someone new - Evan must tell them his name - then goes on to introduce his brothers then tells the person that Alex is his daddy, but that his name is Alex - then that I am his mommy, but that they should call me Erin.

At speech today one of the words they worked on was "mouthwash". Evan asked what that was - Ms. Cindy replied it was what dentists sometimes use. With that statement Evan when on to tell her that his Bodaddy was his grandpa AND his dentist. She was quite impressed with his vocabulary and his understanding of all of it.

Avery is getting better & better about going potty. Owen is now going some too.

Yesterday Evelyn, down the street from us watched Avery & Owen so I could work on our house. I got more done in two hours than I could typically get done in a week - crazy! I still have much to do prior to mom getting here on Sunday - assuming she makes it. Aunt Joan has been sick and then last night she fell and possibly injured her back - so we will have to see.

Today I was supposed to provide snacks for MOMS, thankfully Kelly took in doughnuts from Krispy Kreme since I couldn't take Owen. We were also supposed to take a meal for Stacy from our Sunday School class and she said we could take it tomorrow when we take the boys to soccer practice. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment