Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday

I love that the boys and I are sitting here at lunch and Evan and Avery are playing Eye Spy!

Evan got to light the candles this week at chapel at school. He said the teacher let him do it all by himself - but it was scary and he got some on his shoe. Then he claims his foot was on fire... somehow I don't quite think that is the case. Especially considering the fact that his teacher sends home a note if he bumps his head or falls down - somehow I think I would have at least gotten a note if had been on fire!

On the way to church Wednesday night Evan stated "I think it sounds like fun to die" - ok... scary! After talking to him some more we discovered that he thought Heaven sounded like a wonderful place and he wants to meet his Grandpa Roger. We then tried to explain that we all have more work to do here on Earth and that SOMEDAY Heaven will be a wonderful place to be - but in God's time - NOT ours. I also said that I look forward to seeing my dad and several others again, but that for right now I hope I can stay with our family for quite some time.

Tonight Evan and Avery have soccer practice. Tomorrow they have their third game - we are hoping they will WANT to play. Just as it was last year, it has been a struggle to get them on the filed and keep them there. Alex is line coach and I have made/prepared snacks to follow the game. After the game we will go up to G'ma & Bodaddy's mountain house. Alex is wanting to make apple cider so we are going to go to an orchard - hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will also get to go on a hayride.

I must go and continue working on laundry, packing, cleaning... So much to do before we can leave for a night in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment