Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend away

Alex and I went away this past weekend to a marriage retreat with our Sunday school class. We went up near Hickory to the Holliefield Training Center. It was the perfect time of year for it - our little cabin was right on the water, the leaves are all changing color - it was lovely! One place we went for lunch had amazing mango quesadillas as well as an amazing selection of 28 craft beers on tap - the one I had was the Founders Breakfast Ale - YUMMY!

Upon everyone's return home yesterday it was fun to hear how their weekends went. Evan had a great time going to Cason's soccer game and getting to enjoy hotdogs following the game. He got to sleep in Cason's bed while Cason slept in the closet, he loved playing with Cason's back-pack toy, Elle told him he wasn't allowed to say the words "poopy" and "oodie". My favorite bit of information was that on Saturday night for dinner they had Zomie and he LOVED it! Of course I had to follow-up with Kristen to see what Zombie was and it turns out that they had lasagna - ha!

Avery & Owen went up to the mountains with Aunt Diana, Uncle Tim & Bodaddy to join G'ma. It sounds like they also had a great time. It seems that Avery liked to run & run - no surprises there! Owen had to be cut out of one of his sweatshirts.

This afternoon after school Evan informed me that he loved me, but that he loved Daddy best - I guess I know where I stand.

Avery picked a Tootsie Roll for his lunch treat today. He wasn't quite sure what it was and I told him it was candy and that he was to eat it - he did and said "mmmm, it tastes like chocolate milk!"

Hoping and praying that our family will continue to be more healthy and be up to 100% by the end of the week. The last few weeks have been challenging with very little sleep.

I also look forward to putting some of what we learned this past weekend to make our marriage even stronger and better.

For now, I must wash some china I bought this morning and get it put away then start getting stuff ready for dinner - think tonight we are trying a new Cajun chicken pasta recipe.

Tomorrow Evan doesn't have school, due to the Presidential voting so we may do something fun like go and jump.On a political note I saw an ad last night where Colin Powell endorsed President Obama - the man never ceases to impress me. The reason he won't run is exactly why we need him to run! One republican I would not hesitate to vote for should he ever change his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment