Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chai Banana Bread - YUM!

This is currently one of our family favorites. The boys LOVE it as do Alex and I. I changed this up a bit from the Cooking Light recipe...

1.5 c mashed ripe banana (about 3, I have started using 4... recommend!)
1/3 c plain Greek yogurt
2.5 T melted butter
2.5 T applesauce - NO sugar
2 lg eggs

.5 c granulated sugar
.5 c brown sugar

1 c white wheat
1 c wheat flour
.25 c flax seed meal
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

3/4 t ground cardamom
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground allspice
1 t vanilla

.25 t vanilla
1/3 c powdered sugar
1.5 t milk

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.

Combine first 4 ingred - beat with mixer on med until blended. Add sugars beat at med until blended.

Combine flour, soda & salt - add to banana mixture & beat until blended.

Combine spices & stir in 1.5 t plus 1 t vanilla to banana mixture.

Pour into 4 mini loaf pans & bake for 40-45 mins. Cool 10 min on wire rack then add remaining ingred & drizzle over the bread.

I have made some changes... again - my recipes are ever evolving... so this is even healthier than when first posted ;o)  Sept 20, 2012

October 30, 2013
I didn't have enough bananas today so I used 2 bananas & 2 pears. I was also out of milk for the glaze & substituted  part coconut milk & part cream. Still VERY yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment