Monday, March 26, 2012

What have I gotten myself into?

Okay... we all want to do the best we can for our children... right? Well... Evan & Avery haven't really had any big birthday parties like all of their friends (due to brothers being born & me having liver surgeries) so when we came up with the idea for one big party for all three boys as their birthdays are all from March 9th to April 9th it sounded like a fantastic idea. Yes, we knew it meant there was way too much work to get done and knew we probably wouldn't quite make all of our goals... but we would have at least made progress. So we put together a list of boy's friends as well as a few of ours and came up with a huge list... think when all was said and done we had invited 70 children and their families. At this point in time we have 41 yes's for children (5 of which are babies) and 49 adults... I am sure the numbers will shift one way or another... but we will have roughly around 90 people attending - wow! That seems large even to me. I have been cleaning and cooking like a crazy woman - over 300 meatballs, a HUGE batch of marinara, 43 cupcakes consisting of brownies and ice cream, 4 packages of sausage browned for a dip, 80 sweet potato chocolate chip muffins (egg free, dairy free, nut free)... This week I am concentrating on clearing all surfaces - tops of dressers, tables, shelves... and floors in preparation for the cleaning people coming in on Friday at 12:30. I also have to figure out how to get to all of the stores I need to get to (Trader Joe's, Costco - possibly twice, costume shop, Harris Teeter...) and clean and cook all I need to do prior to Friday at 12:30 and watch the boys 100% of the time. This morning I left a message on our neighbors house asking if their children could come play with the kids at all to help out - Alex and possibly myself would be here - but just someone to play with them would help everyone. The boys haven't gotten enough play time lately. I do have to say they tried on their costumes yesterday and looked adorable and most important they LOVED them! They are very excited to have their friends come and play with them. I am eating a quick lunch of leftovers as I type this, I know I have much more to say on this front, but I suppose I need to get back to work. Oh - and since Saturday I have been having back pains, nausea, and headaches... hoping it is just stress and not something more serious - I have no time for more serious. So lots of positive thoughts & prayers for all of us to remain healthy and for beautiful weather on Saturday - another day like it is right now on Saturday would be PERFECT!!! So please God, could you do that for us? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment