Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kung Fu Panda 2

Yesterday morning I was very brave and took all three boys to the movies by myself! We went and saw Kung Fu Panda 2. First I made Evan go potty twice before we left - somehow he still needed to go when we got there -but then he made it through the entire movie without going again. I made popcorn and had it in individual bags for each of them. Owen watched the beginning of the movie, but then was exhausted as it was his nap time and then he fought it, and fought it hard. I got up and walked him around and jiggled him (that is his calming thing - Evan it was white noise & swaddling, Evan & Owen both are also soothed by soft things - blanket... Avery it was a pacifier) and walked and walked until I thought my arm might break off, he is now around 24 or 25 lbs, and finally, as I was packing our bag to leave during the movie, he fell asleep - I was thrilled! So we stayed for the entire movie and the boys loved it! I had explained to Evan before I agreed to take them that he was the oldest and that I would need his help and he needed to listen to me - and he did a really great job - he held Avery's hand when we got out of the car, he stood in line and didn't try to run around, he even didn't complain when I said we couldn't go to the arcade area. My boys are all growing up so quickly - although  I may have mentioned that previously.

Last night we went up to Kendall & Josh's house and the boys got to play with Brecken and Brennan - they had a great time! Evan was especially thrilled because he got to dress up at Spiderman with muscles, mask and all! Owen decided he was going to walk more than 3 or 4 steps and walked across an entire room!

The last two days have been VERY busy so today we are going to stay home and play, clean, watch tv... Hopefully we can keep the house in decent shape so we can play a game with Daddy when he gets home1

No comments:

Post a Comment